We at teleysia have been OHSAS certified since 2013. OHSAS 18001 is an internationally recognised occupational, health and safety management system series standard. The OHSAS 18001 standard is based on the similar ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Plan – DO – Check – Act structure. To achieve certification to OHSAS 18001 an organisation must have a health and safety management system compliant with the requirements of the OHSAS 18001 standard. The standard also requires a company to have appropriate health and safety policies, procedures and protocols to ensure it is a safety conscientious organisation.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification – Health and Safety Certification:
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public.
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management.
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public.
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls.
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance.
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards.
- Improves the incident investigation process.
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process.